Thursday, 14 November, 2019

Dirty Weekend 2015 — Possible Mudstacle Wave???

Home Forums Event Discussion Dirty Weekend 2015 — Possible Mudstacle Wave???

This topic contains 202 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  Declan Crace 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 203 total)
  • Author

Thomas Nash
    Participant

Ok this is taken from the Dirty Weekend 2014 discussion but to try and separate the discussion for next year… possibly next week the tickets for next year will be going on sale… so… with that in mind…

Would other Mudstacle Members be up for taking over a wave? We could set up a build a team, post the team name and password on here and everyone sign up to it if they want? We then all turn up in our yellow tops a bit like the Dutch Mud Men… and then run together… Pete could lead us off with a flag and some yellow smoke flares… ???

So…. what’s everyones thoughts??

Adam Luck
    Participant

I’d be happy to but I don’t think we are going to make it round all together….there is a broad variation in speed/fitness/skill here!

Thomas Nash
    Participant

Yeah point taken @adam, but we dont have to all get round together, the slower runners would hang together and the faster runners would be able to go off, but it’s just about taking a wave over and getting as many mudstacle members all together at least to start off?

but if not I’ll be entering wave 1 even though I know a majority of people on that wave will be a lot faster than me 🙂

Graeme Harrison
    Participant

Great idea to do that,I know the dutch mud men set of together but dont all finish together as at Judgement Day and Dirty Weekend I ran the majority with Jerome (the guy carrying the tyre) so this could be possible,maybe even take over wave 2 as u found the queing at some obstacles bad so wave 2 we should have a clear course after the elite have shot off

Adam Luck
    Participant

In that case, yeah, for sure. Much prefer the idea of Wave 2 over Wave 1. I think it is just my aversion to being in the ninja line up!!!!

splodge

great idea – i’d be in! If its the last league event again, it could make it friendly / competitive all at once!

Paul

I’d be up for that. So long as someone carries a flag. Wave 2 could work though.

Cool idea! Great way to meet people too. Don’t know if I could stop myself entering wave one though 🙁

Someone has to show Jon Albon how it’s done MUHAHAHAHA!

Adam Carney
    Participant

Count me in. Wave 2 should be little slower than wave 1 for those looking to ‘race’.

Thomas Nash
    Participant

that’s the idea… ooooo im getting excited for next year already… haha

sooooooo… @PeteRees can we leave it to you to set up a build a team or speak to the organisers?? We could make it a major event for Mudstacle.com…

DAVID BEATTY
    Participant

Sounds Like a brilliant Idea…are we then all camping together in a reserved area? and Wave 2 would be the best as the others said as we should have a clear course then for the faster runners

Thomas Nash
    Participant

Well we could all camp in the same area, we would have to turn up early on the Friday as camping this year was quite hard to all be in the same area… I was thinking about pitching up my tent on the Friday but staying in a B&B as some people were quite loud on the friday and still turning up late so I didnt get a great nights sleep and then camping after the party… 🙂

Tom
    Participant

Im in, sounds like a brilliant idea!

Gary Mckeaveney
    Participant

Would be up for that too had a great laugh running round with Jamie from mudstacle and it definitely helped keep me going all the way round. As Thomas said we could all set off together and with so many of us you’d definitely find someone of a relatively similar pace to run along with. I think it worked really well that Jamie and I were pretty evenly matched so neither of us really held each other back and we kept a good pace the whole way around.

Thomas Nash
    Participant

Yeah exactly Gary, if we can get this sorted out then the standard is all encompassing… the aim for me is always getting over that line, and trying to avoid the congestion 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 203 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.