Not so hot off the press, we're going to try to keep you updated as to which races are claimed by the Beast from the East this weekend.


The Mighty Deerstalker

Rat Race have made a statement today declaring that all race entries will be deferred until 16th March 2019.

"...The snow fallen surpasses the estimates given, particularly in the localised event area and the central belt of Scotland. The upgrade to red warning issued yesterday in central Scotland, coupled with a more uncertain weather outlook towards the weekend,  has manifested a number of circumstances that do now make it impossible to proceed with our plans. Therefore with the interest of the safety of our participants and crew top of mind (and mindful that making a call any later may actively affect live travel plans), we are taking this decision now."

For full details on what happens to your entry, go to this page and scroll down to 'What are your options now?'

Devil Mud Run

DMR have asked that all participants check their emails, and reply to with any queries. Entries will be rolled to their next race if you so wish!


Retallack Rampage

"Due to the adverse weather conditions, we have made the tough decision to postpone Retallack Rampage until Saturday 10th March. We want it to be the very best it can be for our competitors and currently, some obstacles would not be safe to attempt.

If you can’t do next weekend you can either postpone until our next Rampage on 3rd November or get a full refund.

Please call 01637 882 510 from 9.30am tomorrow morning and we'll be happy to help with any questions. Enjoy the snow!"


The Nuts Challenge

Those Nutters are still going ahead, but with some safety-conscious alterations to their NUT-orious course.

"Regrettably, for some, the Winter Nuts Challenge is still going ahead!
We take the health and safety of runners very seriously and have made the decision to take out all full water submersion obstacles which include the lake swim, water slide and the Kamikaze obstacle.

Racers are still welcome to defer their race to Summer '18 or Winter '19 and have until 4pm Friday to make that decision.

The local roads and access are all clear with all parking on the hard standing ground.

We advise runners to dress appropriately and to bring warm clothing to change into afterwards.

In the words of Nuts Limitless Laps Pro, Lee Fuller, #InWayneWeTrust"

If you're a NUTS purist, and want to defer your race entry, email: - it's not often a race allows deferral so late in the game, so this is a smart move from the team.

We'll keep you up to speed with any further developments. Stay warm!



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.