Thursday, 24 September, 2020

Compression sleeves

Home Forums Gear Discussion Compression sleeves

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Appleton 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

What is everyone’s views on these please? I completed judgement day and suffered terribly mostly due to illness however my hands were frozen the whole course and I was unable to bend my fingers my wrists also were very painful etc, someone suggested compression sleeves to help blood flow eye just wanted advice really.

Thanks

Dave Walton
    Participant

Personally, I get the concept of compression sleeves for such as your calves but not your arms. Not for what we do. Your calves are always under load and the sleeves are supposed to help flush out lactic acid plus cut down on muscle vibration. Your arms get to have a rest between obstacles and aren’t under constant stress. If your hands felt frozen the whole course I would suggest you needed long sleeves (more layering if you were already) and gloves?

Illness can’t have helped.

Andrew Appleton
    Participant

I wear (mudstacle branded) compression sleeves from time to time mainly because I get tendonitis in left forearm / wrist, plus reduces cut/grazes from crawls and wall climbs. Not sure how they would keep hands warm. Typhoon KONA 1.5MM Neoprene gloves are fantastic, I wore on Nuts 4laps and hands not cold in the slightest, they are not bulky.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.