Saturday, 15 August, 2020

Knee Protection

Home Forums Gear Discussion Knee Protection

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JaelBreak 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rob Zacal
    Participant

Hi

I have done Rat Race Dirty Weekend for the past two years and did the Cornish Cider Run in July.

I have found the events great fun but painful on my knees. I have always worn shorts so was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to look after the knees better?

Also I wondered if anyone has used knee pads and if so were they good?

Also does anyone know of any running leggings with built in knee protection?

Many thanks in advance

Alan Viveash
    Participant

XTG knee guards are the only thing I’ve ever found that do the job without feeling like you’re running wearing pipe lagging. Sadly, I have no idea where to get them. I got mine before ObstacleKit became Brocket Gear and they don’t stock them anymore.

JaelBreak
    Participant

Well darn, I was about to recommend Anarchy knee gaskets but it looks like they might be out of stock everywhere. Shame, they’ve held up through several runs and I put them through hell playing roller derby before that (but then I’m used to wearing massively bulky knee pads). I would say though that IME any knee pad with any kind of gap in the back is really uncomfortable on bare skin – tends to pinch and catch bits. I only ever wear them over leggings.

Autumn Wolf I could only find one of my Anarchies so I bought a cheap No Fear pad set from Sports Direct, ripped the plastic caps off the knee pads, and just strapped on the padding for a bit of extra protection. Seemed to hold up okay.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.