Saturday, 15 August, 2020

Love obstacles, hate running :)

Home Forums General Discussion Love obstacles, hate running :)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ballantine 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Andrew Grandin
    Participant

Hi All,

Myself and my team completed a tough mudder recently but were all a little disappointed at the ratio of distance to obstacles.

We’re now looking for an alternative to complete next and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on races that have more of an emphasis on obstacles and less on the distance. Personally we’d love something like a 5 mile course but crammed with back-to-back obstacles 🙂

Alan Viveash
    Participant

The Nuts challenge is a 7km loop with obstacles a plenty. Not as big as TM/Dirty Dozen, but they grind you down. Options for 1-4 laps.

Nuclear Races is a pretty busy 12km course too.

Richard Watt
    Participant

I’d agree with the Nuts challenge, I did the 21km last year. As above each loop is 7km, normally I can run that in 35 mins so I was thinking it’d maybe take an hour. On the day, each lap took me about 2hrs due to the obstacles, wasn’t much queuing either cause if you’re doing multiple laps then you get fast tracked through.

Steve Ballantine
    Participant

The permanent courses (like nuts, nuclear and Tough Guy) definitely have an advantage in terms of obstacles per km.
    Outside of that lot I’d probably say Toughest would be the best for someone who was more obstacle focused.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.