Saturday, 26 September, 2020

Nuts Challenge March 2015

Home Forums Event Discussion Nuts Challenge March 2015

This topic contains 246 replies, has 49 voices, and was last updated by  Tanya Haeffele 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 241 through 247 (of 247 total)
  • Author

Tanya Haeffele
    Participant

I competed in the 4 lap winter nuts on Sunday with my eyes wide open. Having done 2 laps last summer I pretty much knew what I was letting myself in for. My preparation was military (albeit a last minute panic clothing buy when I saw the weather). Just to finish the 4 laps at all would have been a dream come true but to complete it in one piece (my bashed up knees will tell you different) also qualifying for the UK and World Championships has just blow me away!

I need to find girls in my area who like to train hard for OCR’s as I train on my own most of the time.

Well done to everyone who competed on Saturday and Sunday. It is not for the faint hearted and you all have my total respect 😀

Andrew Appleton
    Participant

Hi Tanya, Where are you based. If you send out a FB message via groups “Obstacle course racing (UK.OCR)” or “Obstacle Race Training – OCR FAMILY” you’ll connect to like mind train hard ladies. There are early (7-9am) Saturday morning OCR training sessions near Henley-on-Thames (Tough Mudder use as their London West site) organised by http://www.immortalfitness.co.uk Deborah Howard is contact she is on FB OCR group or email events@immortalfitness.co.uk
    Good luck with training hard and hopefully see you in Ohio

Tanya Haeffele
    Participant

Hi Andrew, I am literally 5 minutes down the road from the Nuts Challenge course but will be moving to South London at the end of the month. Thanks for the suggestions that’s really helpful.

See you in Ohio 🙂

Pete
    Keymaster

You should join Team Nuts. They’re training on the course all the time I believe.

Tanya Haeffele
    Participant

That’s not a bad idea 🙂 I’ll look in to it!

Jon Salmon
    Participant

Living that close you have to come and join Team Nuts Tanya!
    email Michael for more details; michael@thenutschallenge.co.uk

There is training on the course most weekends and as the sun stays up longer, in the week as well 🙂 We also meet up for trails runs and the like 🙂

Tanya Haeffele
    Participant

On the case Jon!

Michael has just emailed me 🙂

See you all soon 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 241 through 247 (of 247 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.