Saturday, 26 September, 2020

ocr world championship

Home Forums Event Discussion ocr world championship

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Chris shipley
    Participant

after nuts at the weekend it looks like i qualify for the world champs by being within the top 10 in age group category, has anybody else ? if so has anybody thought on going, from what i can see it wont be a cheep event with flights etc but it would be cool to compete with the worlds best.
    any thoughts on this ?

Pete Faulkner
    Participant

I finished 9th in my age group so also qualify I believe. I’d really love to go and rep. Mudstacle, but I think it may just be a pipe dream to be honest due to cost. I need to do some research: perhaps group bookings of flights/accommodation would make things more affordable??

Tanya Haeffele
    Participant

I have qualified too (finished 6th in age category) 4 laps Winter nuts on Sunday.

I am definitely planning on making the trip. I’m not sure I’d be able to forgive myself if I didn’t! 🙂

Tie it in with a holiday and make a trip of it! That’s my plan anyway.

Chris shipley
    Participant

the flights dont look to bad a round trip can cost around £600-£800 one week over there, im thinking hire van to stay in or camping it would be really amazing to get a good result if you guys come up with any better ideas let me no

Andrew Appleton
    Participant

Yep I also qualified 1st in 40-49 cat, 13th overall so missed out on elite qualification, no that I had any expectation to be top 10 – not to DNF was all I hoped. 75/25 on going at mo, but if can get involved in a group for budget trip/ motel room share or camping then i’ll defo go. Also would want to do the team event.

CJ Wakefield
    Participant

I think I have qualified too, and am planning on going 🙂

Dan Salter
    Participant

I qualified at nuts, finishing 6th, and want to head over, thinking only Thurs/Fri to Sun/Mon. Shall we get a group going on Facebook for anyone wanting to go and get things organised?

Adrian Payne
    Participant

I’ve tried to plant the seed in Pete’s head of sorting a Mudstacle trip over to the World Champs.
    I’ve not done a qualifying race yet but will be doing about 7 of them later in the year and going by my past results I’m quietly confident I’ll qualify in my age group, fingers crossed. If I do I’m planning on definitely going and I’ll be talking to people who went last year to get the info on the best thing to do.

Chris shipley
    Participant

it would be grate having a group al staying together from the uk but are we looking into this too much , theres over 700 places avalible in the uk alone is it me or dose this seem like a big number its not like we’ve won entry we still have to pay to race and thats still over £100 is it really worth it just dont no what to think about it !!!!!!!

Pete Faulkner
    Participant

I’ve been undecided about whether I can justify the expense but my family is adamant i should go: it’s a rare opportunity to be involved in something awesome and even though I’d be there to make up the numbers, I’d love to be part of it so I intend to go.
    I think more people from the UK will venture over there this year, but it would be amazing to have a Mudstacle On (World) Tour group to travel/stay/hang out with………..

Tom
    Participant

I’ve qualified and I am now pretty determined to go.
    Would be awesome to have a yellow army out there representing the UK. @timfner and @peterrees you have to come lads!

Has a facebook group been set up yet? If not I don’t mind setting one up. Be good to share accommodation etc.

Tom
    Participant
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.