Saturday, 19 October, 2019

Possible ITBS – Temporary Pain in Outside Knee when running downhill/downstairs

Home Forums Fitness, training and injuries Possible ITBS – Temporary Pain in Outside Knee when running downhill/downstairs

This topic contains 17 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  HanReark HanReark 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Mike

For what it’s worth, when I suffered with knee problems I went to a physio and was diagnosed (via the single leg squat) with ITBS problems (I also made a self-diagnosis that single leg squats are difficult anyway after challenging the physio to demonstrate them to me and he wobbled a lot! :o) )

The painful massage started along with the appropriate strengthening exercises for my glutes etc. but it never really made any difference and after multiple sessions and lots of exercises etc. I gave up.
    Instead I followed another piece of advise from the physio which was to go to a running shop for a gait analysis (they charged £15 and refunded it against the cost of running shoes if bought that day). This really blew me away, I was overpronating so badly it’s hard to imagine how I hadn’t had ankle problems or actual injury! To my untrained eye I could see how bad it was and the improvement trying different pairs of shoes. I ended up buying their most supportive pair of Brooks and some supportive insoles for my normal shoes and have never looked back – I now run three times as much as I did back then and have no problems at all.

I’m certainly not dissing physio’s, just saying that gait analysis is another option to consider – both are definitely preferable to google search self diagnosis ;o)

HanReark HanReark
    Participant

Don’t wish to buy a paid SSL? Download a free SSL [url=https://inxy.host/solutions/ssl-for-free/]here[/url]. The certificate works flawlessly, and the process requires a couple of minutes.

HanReark HanReark
    Participant

You aren’t ready to buy a paid SSL? Obtain a free SSL [url=https://inxy.host/solutions/ssl-for-free/]here[/url]. The certificate functions perfectly, and the process requires a few minutes.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.