Friday, 7 August, 2020

RIP my favourite trail shoes (nobody else seems to understand!)

Home Forums General Discussion RIP my favourite trail shoes (nobody else seems to understand!)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Darren Hogwood 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ruth77
    Participant

I am in mourning. My Salomons have died. None of my OCR-phobia friends seem to care or understand. I just needed to share. *sigh*

Alan Viveash
    Participant

No-one cared when my first pair of X-Talons finally went to the great sandbag carry in the sky.

Just remember the happy times you shared and the times they kept you upright, where so many had fallen. Rest well you grippy little bastards. You’ve earned it.

George Marchant
    Participant

Parked up in the woods to go running on Saturday, opened my car door, and found my favourite Sense Ultras sat there waiting for me with a pair or well used socks tucked in them. They looked slightly pissed off at me that they had sat there for a week on their own, but that shows some loyalty to wait that long for their master to return.
    Noone else may have loved them enough to steal them ( or even bin the grubby things) but they are special to me. I consider this a bonding experience and I dfelt guilty for cheating on them with the fellraisers.

Andy Brown
    Participant

My Salomons have died

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We will remember them.

Phil

I’m so sorry for your loss Ruth.

Although physically they’re in the bin, their spirit and memory lives on in all of us and on the pictures on facebook

#GoneNotForgotten

Ruth77
    Participant

Such kind words. I know it won’t really hit me until Nuts this weekend. We went through so much shit (literally) together.

Andy Brown
    Participant

LOL

Darren Hogwood
    Participant

Little wooden raft
    bit of petrol
    Full Viking burial floating them out on the water at Nuts.

It’s how they’d want to go out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.