West Midlands Obstacle Racers

Training in West Midlands

This topic contains 41 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  MarkL 3 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

@dirtydc im doing Ram run in February too what wave are you in.

oh and Hello everyone

Benno

Hi all!

for those around the Bromsgrove area; since the start of February I have been training with http://www.outdoorpt.co.uk. Yes, it’s a boot camp. And it is awesome!

Classes in Alcester, Bromsgrove, Droitwich, Redditch and Rednal. There’s at least one class on each day. The first session is free and the unlimited package is under £30! Previously I was against these types of classes, but I have to say I have really been pushed these past 3 weeks and should have signed up sooner. Every session is different and challenging. I did not know anyone there and they have all made me feel welcome.

One of the trainers is one of the first Spartan SGX certified coaches to boot! He finished top 20 at Tough Guy despite starting with me in the Wetnecks group (some 3,000+ places back).

I should be on commission! Come and give it a go if you’re in the area. As I said, first session is free. I’m there at Bromsgrove on Tuesdays and Saturdays and I do one of the Thursday classes too.

Benno

MarkL
    Participant

Benno

i was looking at the OPT they look good
    I’m back from Oman for a week or so and thought i might just give them a try.

Benno

Hi Mark, I just got back from holiday. Undecided if I’ll go to OPT tomorrow as I have a tight hamstring and have JD, Shrewton on Saturday. If you go, let me know how you got on. 🙂

MarkL
    Participant

Hey Benno

hope the Hammy is alright for tomorrow

i didn’t go to OPT spent the time with my daughters instead as i am back off to Oman on tuesday. i will give them a try when i’m back in may

Benno

Family first. Take care in Oman, man! See you when you get back.

MarkL
    Participant

thanks for the well wishes
    will def. have to make time for a run when i’m back

MarkL
    Participant

Benno are you still here?
    how is everyone?
    back in the uk now so thought i would pop in and say hello?
    has anyone been to the Obstacle Gym over in Lutterworth? i was thinking of trying it out one saturday morning?

Mark

Benno

I’m still here. Welcome back to the UK, dude.

I have not been to the Obstacle Gym myself, but lots of guys from OPT have been. You should come to OPT now you’re back. First session is free. 😉

MarkL
    Participant

just checking out the OPT they do a class in Cofton Park, that is 5mins from me, So i think i may have to give in and give it a try.

do you have any races set up before the year ends?

Benno

You will love OPT. You might not want to go green first session as you’ll get beasted… unless you want to get beasted in which case go green! Let me know when you’re going and I’ll see about coming too. I don’t often do Cofton, but will try and make it if you give me a heads up.

I just did Nuclear Blast and Blackout last weekend. Spartan Beast this weekend, then Reaper night race, JD Bordon and Nuclear Fallout over teh rest of this year. I’ve been banned by the mrs from doing JD does Nuts as it’s the same weekend as our Sons birthday party! Shocking. It’s so unfair. 😛

MarkL
    Participant

Benno

Are you still racing?

Is there anyone still here?

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.